Interested individuals have expressed their interest in joining the RFMF. However the RFMF will not be undertaking further recruitment for the rest of the year 2016.
However, it is imperative to enlighten the RFMF recruitment eligibility. An individual may be eligible to apply if he or she has the required citizenry, age group, background, entry-level education and sound health. Interested individuals are encouraged to carry out their personal health and physical fitness assessments prior to future recruitment drives. The following requirements must be met:
- You must be a citizen of Fiji and you have lived in Fiji for the past 10 years consecutively.
- Your age group is between 18 years to 25 years old.
- Present your latest Police Clearance.
- A year 12 graduate is the minimum entry-level for education requirement.
- You must have a sound health.
Police clearance certifies that the applicant if free from any from of criminal activities for the past 15 years.
A sound health ascertain that the applicant is both physically fit and healthy to cope with outdoor activities and endure extreme military activities.
The RFMF Medical specialists at the RFMF George Mate Medical Centre will assess applicants’ health to ensure that they are eligible for recruitment. Brief medical board criteria for applicants are as follows:
- Must not possess any physical disabilities or medical conditions such as epilepsy and asthma.
- Must meet the BMI criteria of less than 30.
- Must be dentally fit.
- Will undergo mandatory blood teses for sexually transmitted diseases such as:
- Syphillis, and
- Undergo mandatory tests for drugs such as Marijuana
- Undergo Eye tests to rule out eye problems, colour blindness.
- Applicants will undergo a Chest X-Ray.
- All applicants must pass the mandatory physical examination performed by a medical officer.
Required Fitness Level
RFMF Physical Training Instructors (PTI) will assess applicants’ physical fitness during recruitment drives. Meeting the required fitness level is an important aspect of any military institution. As such applicants will be assessed according to their age group and gender to meet the required fitness level listed in the table below:
|Age Group||Gender||Press Ups||Sit Ups||Chin Ups||2.4Km Run|
|17 – 24||Male||28||50||7||10.30 Minutes|
|25 – 29||Male||25||47||6||10.55|
Successful candidates’ names will be advertised in Fiji’s daily newspapers.
Future RFMF recruitment drives will be posted on this website and advertised in Fiji’s daily newspapers.
Application forms will be made available on this website for interested applicants