Under Republic of Fiji Military Forces Act CAP 81, the RFMF is charged with, and responsible for the defence and state security of Fiji in the maintenance of Law and Order in land and sea, in support of the Police, Maritime Surveillance of Fiji’s Maritime Zone and relevant departments. It also provides forces to international peacekeeping operations in line with Government foreign policy on world peace, troops with engineering expertise for nation building, in the area of rural infrastructure development and youth training for life skills.
Policy & Administration Strategic Analysis and Policy Advice to Commander RFMF. Strengthen defence co-operation with other forces.
Logistic Support Unit Purchase of Stores & Supplies Provide medical and maintenance services.
Land Force Command General Administration and Operation of Land Forces.
3 FIR Regular Infantry training and exercise Assistance to Police Team Security Role Disaster Response.
FMF Engineers RFMF Youth Trade Training Infantry Battalion Converts
FMF Naval Division Law Enforcement at Sea Search and Rescue Service Underwater Explosive Ordinance Disposal.
Territorial Forces Support Service to Infantry Battalion & Peacekeeping Operations Overseas.
Iraq Mission Deployment of troops to the United Nations Assistance Mission Iraq.
Peacekeeping Force, Sinai Provision of Peacekeeping troops to MFO.
Force Training Group Training of New Recruits Promotions Training Overseas deployment training.
East Timor Operations of troops to UN Transitions Administration in East Timor.
The Army Engineers continue to actively participate in Nation Building with the construction of various projects and activities carried throughout Fiji.
Eversince 1975 the RFMF Engineers have completed 227 civil and rural development projects and continue to do so when the need arise due to request from the communities and directives from the government.
The RFMF Engineers have been an assest to the institution due to the marketablility services that they provide and more of this can be viewed in the Services page of this website.
Current & Proposed Projects
- Lami Fijian School - Completion of double story classroom block funded by PMs’ Office.
- Draiba Fijian School - Repair works to ablution block.
- Toga District School - Repair works to the school building.
- Talatala Qase’s residence - Construction of a new 03 x bedroom house funded by Davuilevu congregation.
- Nadakuni Church – Naitasiri - Construction of the village church.
- DISMAC Tasks - Recce team deployed with Min. of Agriculture team for a post disaster assessment in the Northern and Central Eastern Division
- Sigatoka Hospital - Construction of a new extension work at the ER section. Funded by Sigatoka Hotels and Tourism Association.